Mrs Mary Lewty MBE Grave

Click on the photograph to view an enlarged version for a closer look

Share this image:
Taken by: PW

Mary Lewty is buried in Spondon on Stoney Lane (previously part of Borrowash Road).  She has a memorial stone cross with the inscription using metal letters which reads:

 

The dearly loved wife of J Stanley Lewty who passed on May 15 1921.  Commandant of the Spondon VAD Hospital.  “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God”.  Romans VIII.28