British Celanese (Spondon) Table Tennis Club

Click on the photograph to view an enlarged version for a closer look

Share this image:
Photograph dated: 1953

Back row: Harold Cordery, Dan Bland, Roy Bacon, Mabel Roy, David Parker, Rex Wilcock

Centre row: Eileen Clamp, Freda Severn, Barbara Slater, Barbara Manship, ?, Rose Hardy, Betty Caughey, Sonia Buxton

Front row: John Hughes (Match Secretary), H W (Bill) House (Treasurer), Mr W Stanley (President), Geoff Brown (Chairman), Harold Holborn (General Secretary)

British Celanese (Spondon) Table Tennis Clubwas formed in 1947 and joined the Derby Business League.  In 1948 the new Derby & District Table Tennis Association was formed from two existing leagues, and the club became founder members.  The club later became Spondon Highview, and ceased to be a company club when Courtaulds Ltd sold the sports ground and facilities in the 1960s.