West Road, West House


Share this image:
Photograph dated: 1987
Taken by: Guy Brighouse

In the 1890s this house was occupied by Mrs Alice Sims, after she retired from Springfield Farm.  Later it was occupied by the two Miss Sims, daughters of Alice, and sisters to Mrs J Garnet, Mrs Ford and Mr Ben Sims.  He inherited Springfield and Clock Farm (Borrowfield Farm) on Nottingham Road.  He inherited this farm through his maternal grandparents, Mr and Mrs John Meakin.

In 1939 George William

In 1939 George William Elliott retired merchant tailor lived here.