Moor Street, Garfield House/Plas Newydd


Share this image:
Photograph dated: mid 1920s

This house was owned by a Mr Stansby and occupied by him until 1912.  It is on the corner of Moor Street and Moor End.  When Moor End was widened in 1963/4 the silver birch tree was felled and that corner of the garden taken off for the road, as also was the cottage on the right.  At the time the photograph was taken, mid 1920s, Mr F Brighouse rented the house, from 1912 to 1928, for £40pa.  This photograph shows his daughter and dog in the garden.